Thursday, December 17, 2009

Anglophile!



I've always been an anglophile but recently, I realized my anglophile status has skyrocketed as I realize everything I love at the moment is British! In fact, I wish I grew up in London and live in London! British accent is totally rad and sexy! A British accent I haven't got but I probably grew up loving everything British cos after all, I grew up in Hong Kong and I used to hold a British passport. I was really miffed when I had to renounce my British citizenship (The British High Comm made me pay $98 to renounce it...and now I heard it's $198 and they only take cash by the way). It's a shame really cos I would hold a British passport any time...sometimes parents make silly decisions.

Anyway, here're all the British stuff that I LOVE about Britain (see my very old British passport?)!

  • Well, Queen mom...politically correct to say she's cool...but actually, she IS kinda cool...come on, she's a real queen...
  • Monty Python's Flying Circus and MANY MANY more Brits comedy! I love Brits comedy more than American cos they're so much better, much funnier and more intelligent. I love good old dry British humor! Other British comedy I like: The Office (I still prefer the Brit version...Ricky Gervais is still the best), Absolutely Fabulous, French & Saunders, Peep Show, Black Adder, Coupling etc etc
  • Mr Bond...well, he's a British Shorthair kitty...so British!
  • Jay Kay from Jamiroquai...man of my dream
  • Alexa Chung....my favorite Brit girl...in terms of style and character etc
  • Elly Jackson....my girl crush aka the girl I would like to date and be lesbian with
  • Glastonbury Music Festival!!!! The good thing that came out of Jimi Hendrix' death in 1970 I guess...I'm aiming to go for the 2010 concert with OGT and we wanna set up an illegal cup noodle booth to sell Nissin Cuppies at 5 quid a pop
  • Tom Jones...no, I mean, SIR Tom Jones...the sexiest grandpa alive!!
  • Fifi Lapin...my favorite fashion bunny...she supposedly lives in London
  • TOPSHOP!!!! Self-explanatory! 
  • Margaret Thatcher...that's real girl power when all the Spice Girls were just a sperm
  • Mulberry...my favorite bag brand for the time being. Love their understated luxury. I'm super in love with my Oak brown Bayswater and black Roxanne and I'm waiting for the Alexa to come in very anxiously
  • Wellies! Or perhaps the weather that allows wellies...sorry, if you wear wellies in Singapore despite the rain, people look at you funny. A colleague of mine got laughed at by the CEO one day when it was pouring and she was wearing wellies....the boss still ask her about her rain boots...honestly, if you think about it, Singapore needs wellies more than UK...oh and the leopard print one you see is MINE!
  • Marks & Spencer...come on, you can't talk about UK without good old M&S! Nice knickers, great snacks...no complaints!
  • Rolls Royce & Bentley...okay, fine, they're not really produced in UK anymore but well, they're still British by origin and symbol of high lux...I personally prefer Bentley...RR is just kinda ostentatious but well, it's iconic. I'm lucky to have been in both :)
  • LONDON!!! Okay, I know most Brits would lament about its grey sky and cold weather but hey, I LOVE it, I LOVE London! It's just a stone throw away from so many cities in Europe and the rest of Europe is just an Easy Jet (some call it Sleazy Jet) away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello kitty also lives in london. -hl

Unknown said...

Yah, me love London, too. But it's so damn ex to go holiday to... Recently, my gf's company sent her to London for training. She was lucky enough to stay there for 3 months. Gosh...!!! Envy, envy, envy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails