Thursday, December 24, 2009

Date Anatomy: Smells like teen spirit!

Date Anatomy:

Subject: 25-year-old (a whopping 6 years my junior), white Caucasian male, about 1.78 metre, okay looking but not terribly good-looking, average body time though a bit short on the neck, brown hair, grey eyes, okay skin, no zit spotted, BO-free, with full-crown of hair, Ivy League education, t-shrit & jeans, sans perfume (and thus, no future...Coco Chanel did say that "A woman (or man) who doesn't wear perfume has no future), employed, able to write basic Chinese
Date: 22 December 2009 night
Venue: Somewhere in Orchard
Analysis:
- Behaved his age or younger (or as OGT would aptly put it, behaved like his US shoe size)
- Somewhat pompous probably due to prestigious Ivy League education
- Typical American (read: doesn't know a lot of stuff outside of US)
- Unexposed to a lot of stuff...he doesn't know what Glastonbury Music Festival is...
- Narrow-minded with elitist mentality. He thinks uneducated people who didn't really go to college should not be allowed to breed...(Let's hope his folks have degree!)
- Thinks a lack of education or college degree means no future....oh really? Try telling that to Bill Gate?
- Think he's somewhat superior to a lot thanks to his Ivy League education
- Lack of financial prowess...He asked me to buy him drinks
- Lack social grace...after he foot the dinner bill, we were walking out of the restaurant and I had YET to thank him (I normally thank my date at the END of the date) and he said to me "You're welcome"...prompting me to quickly acknowledge his kindness in buying me dinner
- Unable to provide engaging answer...or simply unable to engage...I asked him if he could date 3 celebrities or Hollywood actresses, who would they be, he only managed to name one, which happens to be Angelina Jolie and then he said he doesn't know much about Hollywood
- Annoying white supremacy attitude...I said I'm not a fan of Hollywood flick and generally prefer foreign films like French movies etc...he said "Isn't Hollywood foreign to you?"....hmmm...then when I said Wes Anderson's latest animation The Fantastic Mr Fox, he said "I bet you'd check all the items in 'Stuff White People Like'!"....right...erm nice...
- Strange nose twitches that's spastic
Verdict: FAILED
I'll never date or go on date with a younger guy again.....I've never dated or gone out with anyone more than a year younger than I am and I'll keep it as that. This is an exception as the Ivy League education sounded promising though it's downright disappointing. I expected a hell lot more substance which was sorely lacking. I guess what cheesed me off most was the elitist mentality of his oh-so-sparkling Ivy League education which makes him vaguely think that anyone without so much of a degree shouldn't be allowed to breed. So that's Ivy League? If going to college makes him that narrow-minded, then I would rather my kids never go to one. Overall, it's just plain awkward...it's like going out with a very annoying young brother...the American part really doesn't help either..NEXT!!!! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha that's very typical indeed of a well-educated supermacist. the arrogance and elitist mentality were socially engineered into his worldview through his experiences. but i think he was stuck up to begin with to some extent at least.

hey, are you reading this? i'm talking about you.

Bertha said...

Of course I'm reading this! Cos you know what? I'm too old to give a damn about who I offend or be politically correct. And ohhh, I'm not sure if it's one of the things that "white people like" but I do think white people do like freedom of speech and you said I'm more white than you are, so there! Freedom of speech! Viola!

Try harder kiddo! You've got a loooong way to go! Ohhh and ANONYMOUS??? I thought it should say "Your Date, the one that smells like teen spirit"! Merry Christmas!

Bertha said...

P.S "Anonymous": Oh do remember to find out about Glastonbury...or anything that your Ivy League education hasn't been able to provide you! It'll do you good!

小朋友 said...

hey B

What a horrific date that was. seems like he's soooo hung up on his oh-so-prestigious education. Maybe that's the only thing he can be proud. Seems like he has no EQ, no personality, no charm, nothing. So yar he can only "win" on his education. In which case, he's such a loser than.

NEXT!

- S

OGT said...

Well, it's just a date gone bad. Take it easy dude! There is no need for 'anonymous'. We already know who you are.

Jem said...

Hey Anon,

if I were you, I would be smart to just pretend that it wasn't me and move on from there. Then again, you are not very bright.

J

Unknown said...

I can't belive this!!! But then again, which white is not self-righteous and arrogant? Tink yrs went an extra mile to childish. Bt den again he's a kid who is nt financially independent, un-gentleman, petty, unattractive (since he has short neck, thus body nt in right proportion) and lack of grooming. Tsk, tsk...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails