Saturday, December 26, 2009

A not very Feliz Navidad!

My Christmas eve was good but Christmas day was crap! Here's what went wrong:
  • My BB has some Bluetooth problem with my Macbook, they refuse to mate
  • My one-week-old monthly disposable contact lens split while I was wearing it...I don't even know how that happened. $45 wasted
  • My motherfucking collection of 26 sand-fly bites has gotten a hell lot worse and each bite, after some crazy scratching, is about the size of 10-cent coin. I look so "measles-ed" in the worst Ebola way possible...I caught some woman staring at me like I'm a leper but I don't blame her. I'd very much want to take a snap shot and put it up but I figure let's not go around scaring people...everyone who saw it looked horrified...I literally saw the sheer grossed-out horror in their face as if there were maggots crawling out of each bite...let's hope it won't get to that sorry state...now I have the scarring to worry about! How the hell am I gonna marry myself off now???!!!
  • Had a shocking discovery of something rather erm...shocking....it's technically not a horrid thing cos the present that came along with it is literally the nicest present I've ever received in my whole life...just that now there's some very tricky mental work...cryptic I know...
  • My fuse box at home went nuts and there was a major blackout that I couldn't fix. At 2AM in the morning and I hadn't showered at that point! Had to call in a 24-hr electrician to fix the shit. Turned out that a light wire blew and that cost me $180...argh...
So there....a rather "eventful" Christmas day I had and a insanely itchy one thanks to the sand-fly bites...my legs are marred and disfigured...I'm told to sue my company...but anyway, I must say that the electrician guy last night was genuinely nice and good (Credit goes to OGT for finding the number for me). I literally woke him up from his sleep and he actually offered to talk me through how to fix it but obviously I failed. When he got here, he got the job done quickly and he's pretty pro! Nice fatherly dude who didn't overcharge me! My colleague told me she paid $400 for a mid-night electrician stint and this guy only charged me $180. I took a snap shot of him hard at work....
 
Mr Ng the electrician at work to fix the light socket. He's super nice but he strangely sweat like a pig though it wasn't hot. Notice the sweat patches on his shirt? The darker patches...

He's really good and I highly recommend him to anyone who need mid-night electric quick fix! You can reach him at 67443847! He takes about 40 minutes to reach your place. He chatted with me a bit and thought Mr Bond was a rabbit (???????) But he didn't really see Mr Bond well cos he was hiding under the table...Anyway, I'm $180 poorer but the genuine niceness of Mr Ng the Electrician made me feel okay forking out the amount...now time to fix my sand-fly bites...Will have to go to the doctor to get a jab I think :( Not a very Feliz Navidad indeed!!! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor you.. I totally understand how it feels. The other time my oh-so-romantic guy fren brought me to Labrador park for dinner. The 'trekking' trip uphill nearly killed me (haven't been exercising for a while, plus my killer heels. You can imagine...) Anyhow, after dinner we went to the beach. Tt's when I got bitten by the sand fly (although there wasn't much sand).

Initially the bit was like a typical mosquito bit. After a week or so, it enlarged to the size of my fist and then days later, twice the size of my fist. Took a month to heal.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails