Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Silky Smooth Hair Anyone?

My favorite hair oil is now available in town!!!! Oh my precious! And I don't have to ask my Japanese friend or whoever to help me buy it cos now they sell it in Singapore! I was introduced to it when I went to Japan during my uni years and my Japanese friend's grandmother told me about the wonders it does! I'm sooo thrilled when I saw it yesterday that I snapped a bottle and now I feel compelled to write about it. So here's my secret weapon to great hair...(back then in Uni, I changed my hair color almost every month and my hair still remained super silky and smooth despite the chemicals and bleaches!)


The Oshima Tsubaki Camellia Hair Oil! It's an old school Japanese hair oil as you can see from the packaging but this stuff IS THE BEST! It even beats professional hair treatment from hair salon trust me! To begin with, the Japanese, especially the geisha, have long used camellia oil as a nourishing hair treat and this hair oil is 100% pure oil made from cold pressing the seed pod of the Tsubaki tree (Tsubaki=Camellia in Japanese). It apparently takes the seeds from one full camellia tree to make 60ml of the oil! And this magic oil is packed with olein acid and glycerides that really nourish the hair and if you have really dry ends, this does magic really! And there're so many ways you can use this...here's how:
  • As a serum--You really just need 1 or 2 drops. No joke cos anymore you run the risk of it getting all sticky cos a very very little goes a very long way. If you have short hair, one drop. Medium length, two drops. Long, try with two drops first and if not enough, add one more drop. Simply massage the oil onto towel-dried hair starting from the ends (NEVER starts from the roots cos it gets too oily)...then slowly work to the rest of the hair...after that, style as usual...you hair gets real soft and light after
  • As a hot oil treatment -- Now this is the salon worthy bit that gives all the professional products a run for their money. On dry hair, slowly massage the oil in and saturate the hair...it doesn't have to be excessive but you just need to coat the strands...usually for me, I use half a bottle...(well, you do it once in a while)...and then you wrap a hot towel around your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. For me, I actually leave it on for half a day on a lazy sunday wearing a shower cap to trap the heat...haha...you would have to shampoo TWICE to get rid of the oil. I have very limp and fine hair so I dust a bit of baby powder over it before I wash my hair to soak up the excess oil...it's a miracle worker
  • As a quicky treatment-- This isn't the full-on hot oil treatment I just mentioned but a quicky one. Just apply on the dry bits of your hair before you shampoo...only on the dry bits and you don't need to use as much as above. Just 4 to 5 drops would do. Then leave it for awhile and shampoo...(I normally apply first thing when I got home and then do other stuff and shower later)....you hair gets silky smooth
  • Scalp treatment-- This I've never tried but grandma Miyagi told me that if you get dry scalp from winter and your scalp gets dry and flakey with dandruff, you can massage the oil onto your scalp. Doesn't have to be a lot...leave on, then rinse off
So there you have it....don't say I never share good stuff with you! Oh, grandma Miyagi also said you can apply direct on skin too...or put some in your bath...but I really use it strictly for my hair...GOING.TO.STOCK.UP!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll try it out. My hair is damn dry from all the chemical jobs I did recently.

Unknown said...

Hi, may I know where I can get this oil?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails