Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ear Worm du jour

I've starved off writing music review for awhile and here you go! My current ear worm is Lightspeed Champion! The entire week, I'm listening nonstop to his new single Marlene (taken off his latest album Life is Sweet, Nice to meet you! which is to be release in 1 Feb 2010)...ohhh sooo catchy and it's my all time favorite from Lightspeed Champion! Click here to listen....I simply can't stop listening...




I first discovered Lightspeed Champion (real name is Devonte Hynes) in 2007 and after listening to Midnight Surprise, I'm hooked. He's good! Not only do I love his sound, I totally dig his MTV too cos he's got a pretty good sense of humor and loves to make fun of things and take the mickey out of himself. Nice! He's an American (born in Texas) composer, singer and songwriter who's raised in UK since age 2 (thus you can tell that he's got a very quintessential British Indie pop/rock sound) and he's worked with big names like The Chemical Brothers, Basement Jaxx and recently Florence and the Machine too. Not too shabby for a 24-year-old! He's absolutely rad!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails