Sunday, January 10, 2010

One great movie, one favorite tee & three new knickers

I'm blown away. I'm smitten. I'm satisfied. I'm moved. I'm in love!
I had a great Saturday....I went to watch the Golden Horse Award Winner of Best Picture of 2009 with OGT. It's a Taiwanese movie called 不能沒有你 (Not without you) or  No Puedo Vivir Sin Ti and I'm totally blown away and I'm totally loving the film!



The gist: Father & daughter living in extreme poverty in the suburban Kaohsiung prefecture. Mom left and as the Father tried to register her daughter for school, he got shit from authority and was basically fucked around by the imbecile government policy. Ultimately, daughter was taken away by social welfare group and they were painfully separated...Okay, I won't elaborate more for those of you who might be catching it but it's actually based on a true story. There's also a very strong underlying political message to vent the Taiwanese's frustration for their imbecile government system too. That really shows through and my dear OGT pointed out that one of the super lousy "No Action Talk Only" legislator looked uncannily like the much-hated and once publicly bashed-up Chen Shui Bian...hahaha...Nice touch!



The Direction & Cinematography: Excellent! It's so damn good!!! It marries a great story-line with excellent art direction unlike last year's winner, also a Taiwanese movie Cape No.7, which was more commercialized. You can see the director Leon Dai's thoughtful use of camera angle to set the mood and his cinematography is so good and each and every single frame was so super well-shot that you can literally splash all the frames in Esplanade and each single frame can be its own picture perfect post card! It was that great! And the whole movie is in Black & White and it aptly sets the mood to the storyline. 


So yes, it's an absolute 5 stars movie!!! I was actually crying and tearing at some point and well, the couple sitting next to me were sniffling and that happened to quite a lot of people too! Catching an excellent film really made my day!!!!! I love Taiwanese Movies......thus far, this is now one of my 2 favorites and the other one is a much older film called 愛情來了 (Love Go Go!)! Check that out too if you have the chance...it's a bittersweet poignant movie about urban loneliness....


And oh, I was wearing my favorite John Lennon & Yoko Uno tee shirt from Topman yesterday and someone asked me to take a picture of it...so here...it's now my favorite  tee shirt!

Fav tee with Topshop Bodycon black skirt, Marc Jacob pendant watch, CCSkye chain necklace and my lovely lovely Mulberry Roxanne bag! Ohhh you got a peep of a corner of my room too!


Because the movie is somewhat depressing, I had to take a fag after the show....and then I went to get some cheap thrill to put myself back into the chirpy mood...and here are the super cute new knickers I got! Woot!

Okay, I have a thing and obsession with buying knickers...see the Saturday & Sunday embroidery words on the pink and red ones...cute!


There're two Day of the Week ones with Saturday and Sunday and a super cute polka dot one with a big red bow...I'm sure the other Miss B I know would love it...yes no, Bianca?


2 comments:

dhani™ said...

not bad right the movie?

B said...

It's really good! Excellent cinematography really!!! But would imagine those who're into mainstream hollywood movie to not like it...art house film that's why...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails