Monday, March 08, 2010

La Skincare Routine....

A couple of my peeps been buying the skincare stuff that I've recommended lately (aka the Ettusais Pore Care Wash, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair and Aesop Parsley Seed Antioxidant Serum)...and two of them asked me so what exactly is my skincare routine like....well it changes according to the products I'm using/trying...but right now...this is the Night Skincare for the moment...here you go....

Step 1:
Makeup Removal with La Roche Posay Cleansing Milk....I have lash extention so I've stopped using oil based makeup remover and it works since I don't wear water proof mascara anymore. But if you do and are looking for a cheap and good oil based makeup remover, use the one from Za (available at Watsons). It's pretty awesome and it also cleanses out clogged pores if you massage well. It's just as good as the one from Shu Uemura but at a fraction of the price

Step 2:
Cleanse with Ettusais Pore Care Wash....It's double cleansing and some people said it's not necessary but for me I do it cos I need it to feel clean but if you have sensitive skin, you can actually skip this and just rinse with water

Step 3:
Softening with Ettusais Version Up....I normally use toner and I use Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Toner but then recently I was given the Ettusais Version Up sample to try and I like it. It's a softening lotion that preps your skin by softening the outer layer (or the horny layer...yes, it's really called the horny layer) to aid better absorption of skincare you apply after. Thing is, if your skin is dehydrated, the horny layer is usually thicker and harder and because of that, things you apply don't get absorbed as easily cos the hard outer skin is a bit like a hinderance for the skincare to go in. So once you soften the skin with a softening lotion, the goodies you apply after get sucked into the skin easier and more effectively...I now skip the toner and stick to this instead and it's been working well....the only drawback is that it's a bit sticky and not as fresh as a toner...but then since I apply stuff after that, it's fine I figure

Step 4:
Moisturizing with Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-oxidant Serum....This is my magic serum! If I must choose only ONE and ONLY ONE skincare to use and nothing else. This would be IT. Cos like I've mentioned before, this is the ONLY skincare that VISIBLY improve my skin...since I have pretty okay skin, most products don't dramatically improve my skin cos it's been decent to begin with. But with this serum, not only does it moisturizes, it also helps tighten the pores and my skin texture got smoother and the pores got smaller too...the antioxidant must be working well and the texture is so very light and it gets drink up by the skin real quick to leave a clean non-greasy feel. Even men would appreciate it, knowing that they're so afraid of stuff that have the slightest tinge of sticky feel. My BB has been using it almost every night now and he doesn't complain...

Step 5:
Nourishes with Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair....It's a new stuff that I bought cos people rave about it. So I just add it to my routine and hope that it'll make me pweeety....I haven't used it long enough to swear by it but thus far, it's okay and I shall be patient. But I do have friends who swear by it...click here to read more about what I wrote previously

Step 6:
Eye care with Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eyecream....Okay, this is because I bought the special Estee pack that comes with the Repair serum and the eyecream so I'm using it now. No complaint but no magic either. Not like my panda eyes miraculous disappear but then it's quite moisturizing and rich and that's what I need cos I have dry skin. You just need to use very little but if you have oilier skin, it might be too rich for you though....alternative for oilier skin I would recommend Fancl Restful Eye Gel or Ettusais Eye Massage Essence

So that's it...here's my beauty non-secret....Oh, I normally use the Decleor Face Oil but then cos I'm using two serum on my face now, I skip it. But if my skin gets dry, I'll use the face oil but right now, if my skin still feels parched after all these, I'll slap on a bit of the Sana NamerakaHonpo Milk Lotion aka the soy milk lotion...click here if you're interested to know more...great for people who want light moisturizer....

Okay, that's all for now....Day Routine maybe later.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails