Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Magic Potion

I've been reading the very critical comestic cop, Paula Begoun (author of Don't Go to the Cosmetic Counter Without Me), and she said the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair is really good and so I bought one at the Duty Free because if a difficulat and hard-to-please cosmetic police said it's good, then it's gotta be good right? And it IS good! This stuff is excellent in fact! I've been using it for about a week now and despite the fact that I didn't actually get prettier :( it has helped heal my breakout somehow. Cos a day after I got to HK last month for the CNY, I suddenly had little rashes on my forehead. Those tiny teeny annoying ones that didn't quite go away and those bloody things in the end turned into blocked pores!!!!

So I've been clearing out the blocked buggers with Ettusais Pore Care wash which is good and then forcefully squeezing those blocked stuff out (look, it's actually better for the skin in the long run) and you know how this torturous but strangely satisfying move will leave your skin a bit raw after and it takes about 2 days or so for it to go away and look less angry? But then after I slapped on some Advanced Night Repair, those pissed off pores actually heal quicker! The next morning it didn't miraculously disappear sad to say, but it did look much calmer...and my skin seems to heal faster. So I guess the Repair stuff is working! 

Well, it's supposed to help "undo" all the previous damage and prevents aging and what not, but it's just been a week plus since I've used it but I do hope I'll look prettier soon...if not, I'll just drink it if I feel desperate. But then thus far, it seems promising with the angry red pores a little more appeased....the only draw back is that I find it slightly sticky.....rather unlike the rest of Estee Lauder products I've tried cos most of them have really nice velvety texture but this one tends to be a tad sticky I dunno why and it strangely smells of bread...yes, I think it smells like bread...Initially I thought maybe it's my toner but then I tried it on my hand and it did feel mildly slimy so I guess it's something I'll have to put up with. Anything to look good right?  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails