Monday, March 01, 2010

March Muse


Reading: VoCE Magazine (Taiwanese Edition so I can read the Chinese and know what they're talking about).....it's the ultimate vainpot magazine that tells you everything you ever need to know about beauty products.....no rubbish articles like "My husband slept with my maid" or "How to give mind-blowing head job"....
Watching: A Woman, A Gun, and A Noodle Soup by Zhang Yi Mou....my favorite Chinese director!!! Okay, probably going to watch very very soon.....
Listening to: Elgar Cello Concerto by Jacqueline du Pre....ohhhh my all time (dead) cellist and cello concerto! Too bad du Pre died at a young age of 41. Sigh....but this is in preparation for next month's Yo-yo Ma cello concert that I'll be watching and Yo-yo Ma currently owns the "du Pre" Stradivarius cello that costs about $2million bucks USD which is built to play Baroque best and was once so badly abused by du Pre....I'll be happy with the "Sleeping Beauty" Stradivarius...slightly cheaper, only $1.8 million USD ONLY *gasp* ...-_-''
Wearing: Essence by Narcisco Rodriguez....courtesy of BB! Thanks BB! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this scent! It's fresh with a slight hint of musc. It's supposed to be a musc-based perfume but unlike most heady and heavy musc perfume, this one has a sparkling and irridiscent quality of rose petal, violet and amber....it's got the perfect balance of floral and powdery note that's fresh and energising....I get so much compliment from this!
Using: Ettusais Pore Care Wash.....new stuff....great thick creamy lather and it promises to clean out dirty pores to prevent enlarged pores and zits...good stuff cos it's got a faint soft lavendar scent and it makes your skin feels super clean without feeling it's so tight that your skin will break the moment you smile....
Also using the new Za Skin Beauty Two-Way Foundation....nice shiny pink case and super smooth powder that really covers up pores well...it's supposed to keep skin hydrated but it's still not moisturising enough for my parched skin but I'm not complaining cos the texture is super smooth...good value....
One more, also using Oshima Tsubaki shampoo too. It's the same brand from the camelia hair oil that I mentioned some time back, but this one's not available in Singapore and I got mine from Hong Kong. It's really very very gentle and because it doesn't contain harsh ingredient, it's a low-lather shampoo but it leaves hair super soft and even when you rinse off the shampoo, your hair doesn't feel dry and I do think it's possible to even skip conditioner if you have normal hair.....it's good...only drawback is that it doesn't have a very nice scent...not that it stinks cos it doesn't but it's only got a very faint scent...and I love nice smelling ones...but the good trumps the bad...okay, it's not even bad per se.
Pimping: Striped Cotton Jersey "Sailor" double-breasted jacket from TopShop....I wasn't intending to buy this until Ah Meow pointed it out and made me try it and then I was sold and the thrifty Ah Meow approved of me buying so I followed instruction...hahaha...
Eating: Bee Pollen from Chiang Mai.....I visited some honey shop in Chiang Mai where they sell a slew of honey related products and Bee Pollen's supposedly good for sinus and has great health properties and gives you good skin...so I got a big tub back...ONLY to feel bad that bee pollen is actually food for bees and it means that I've robbed them of their food....I promise I won't buy it again :(

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails