Thursday, April 01, 2010

April Muse!


Reading: Monocle Magazine....I love this mag! It's full of fun articles and it's actually intellectual and interesting! It's marketed as a men's magazine but I think I love it more than BB...haha...a bit on the pricey side though cos it's $19 bucks...ouch...but it's worth it....very good quality read....talks about current affairs, business, culture and design stuff.....I'm hooked!
Listening to: Greatest Hits by Space...old album I know, but I've forgotten how much I love Space (one of my favorite UK bands!) until the other day on msn, Uncle Josh asked if I heard of the song "The Ballad of Tom Jones" (cos I was bitching about the psycho indo man wanting to sue Tom Jones)...and ah-ha! I totally miss this album! Love these tracks: Female of the Species, The ballad of Tom Jones, Avenging Angels etc...
Using: Ettusais Medicated Acne Aroma Body Wash....It smells divine and it's very similar to the Ayura Aromatic Body Wash I super love with a very unique fruity floral scent but unfortunately, Ayura is no longer available in Singapore and strangely, I found out this Ettusais aroma body wash smells the same as the Ayura one and it's even got the same texture...well, from the same company Shiseido I guess...but it's good stuff...smells so wonderful and you really need very little to go a loooong way (or you risk it being too drying on the skin)
Wearing: The new stretchy layered skirt....it's gonna be THE black skirt for me for awhile cos every now and then, I'll find one perfect black skirt and the old ones are now dead and this one shows sooo much promise and I bought it online on Black Hair Pin blog shop! It's super stretchy and super fitting to hug your curves and you can even adjust its length by tugging it shorter if you want the hemline to go up...soooo versatile...I'm tempted to buy a few more to stock up just in case this one dies quick...
Trying: Olay Total Effects with Cooling Essence....I've never been an Olay fan but then the whole cooling essence thing draws me in cos who doesn't love anything refreshing on their face in the morning, especially in our humid weather? So I'm now trying out the Olay Total Effects lotion with Cooling Essence. Well, it's indeed very refreshing and it gets absorbed real quick and it's not sticky...but don't expect the whole minty tingling feel though, it's just a very very mild cooling sensation. But the good thing about this is that it gets so quickly absorbed and I must say it's got a great texture. Only drawback is that it doesn't have a sunscreen though it makes a good day cream. Not sure if it'll really fight the 7 signs of aging though...but it's a cheap and good deal

Ohhh also trying Imedeen! Thing is, I bought the wrong one for my age group cos I'm supposed to get the Imedeen Radiant formula which is for 25 to 35-year-olds but I got the one up...I guess no harm cos I have rather dry skin anyway. Well thing is, it'll take about 3 months for it to really show effects it says...so I'll tell you how it goes maybe much later then...meanwhile, I'm religiously popping 2 of these everynight....smells weird though cos it smells like dried cuttle fish...yes, it's got a very fishy smell...but for the sake of beauty and anti-aging...the smell is nothing baby!
Eating: Lotte Mochi Ice Cream...woohoooo...rediscovering my childhood favorite with BB and this is super awesome except that it's kinda overpriced (about $8 bucks plus) and is only available at MedeiYa Supermarket....Cheaper in Hong Kong! But oh so divine!
Loving: Sigg Hello Kitty Water Bottle.....Courtesy of my lovely BB...I saw it and loved it but refused to buy it cos it's $49 bucks...I mean come on, $49 for a water bottle?? But then BB surprised me with it one night and when I log onto the Sigg website, I'm horrified to find out my Nalgene plastic bottle's been banned in US cos it's actually toxic...omg, I didn't know I've been drinking toxic water...now I'll stick to my super cute Hello Kitty Sigg Bottle....Kawaii plus!
Lusting after: Hello Kitty Wine!! Hello Kitty has sure grown up! And despite my status as teetotaler, I want these! Cool bottles too! The line of wines comes in four different varieties, priced between $19.99 - $29.99 and include:

Hello Kitty Sparkling Brut Rosé - A deep reddish pink sparkling rose made from 100% Pinot Noir that has a frothy mousse as well as a pretty nose of rose petal and red currant scents.

Hello Kitty Sparkling "Sweet Pink" (Half Size) - This semi-sweet sparkler sports a pale pink hue and has very delicate bubbles.
2008 Hello Kitty Angel White - This is a fresh, very "blanc" white wine made entirely from Pinot Noir free run juice.

2006 Hello Kitty Devil Red - Garnet red with brickish highlights, this is a classically rendered Pinot Noir that presents a seductive bouquet of wild flowers and forest aromas.
The line will hit US local liquor store within the next several months and the website will start shipping out samples by the end of next month.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails