Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Touristy B

Tuesday is the new Sunday. Which is bad cos the fun is over and I'm back to work tomorrow. I did the whole touristy routine over the looong weekend cos BB's sister's in town and we're bringing her everywhere in Singapore.

Day 1 (Sunday): Mount Faber and Sentosa. We wanted to take the cable car to Sentosa but guess what? The cable car was under renovation so there's NO CABLE CAR!!! It's been down since last September and won't be up in the next couple of months apparently....and we stupidly went up...but it's okay, we went to the Jewel Box for lunch where they charged exorbitant tourist prices. The food was okay though...better than what I expected but 22 bucks for fried hokkien mee was rape....

Posey posey while waiting for my expensive ripped off lunch....

Gail liked her soup...it's Chinese chicken and lotus soup...
Hungry koi fishes trying to eat Gail's fingers....they're well fed
BB's new hat....

Then Sentosa's okay. Hot is the word but I have to bitch about the bad condition of the Underwater World. It sucks!!! The tanks are too small for the fishes! To begin with, I'm not a big fan of zoo and aquariums cos I don't believe in keeping the fish and animals captive and then Sentosa has really tiny tanks and the dolphin lagoon was painful cos it's sooooo damn small for the pink dolphins!!! The underwater world has this sting ray and mantle ray tank where you can pat and touch the rays but then I see some of them in dire condition with the edges of their wings infected....and the tank is so small that it actually feels like you're in a sea food restaurant instead. It's one of the worst aquariums I've been too, even the lousy one at Siam Paragon in Bangkok is better.....I feel quite sad to see the fishes like that....sigh...The best aquarium I've been to is the one in Kenting, South Taiwan....it's phenomenal...this is how tall the tank is. It's 4 storey high....

 Now this is world class aquarium

Day 2 (Monday): Ducktour and Night Safari....Do you know I had a short stint at Ducktours after I graduated? I worked there for about 3 months before I joined a mass resignation cos the asshole boss was a prick...I didn't even get to go on the Duck and years later, I hopped on one and it wasn't half as bad....Our tour is Filipino but he's actually quite funny and likeable...

Gail next to the duck...small Gail, big duck with lashes....

Night Safari's always good as usual...but again, I'm quite ambivalent about having the animals all locked up but I enjoyed the tram ride in the pitch dark forest though...very lovely....no pictures though cos it's too dark....

Day 3: The horrifyingly hot Botanical Garden...I freaked out when BB said he wanted to go there for lunch and walk...it's bloody mid day Singaporean tropical sun!!!! But off we went and I got all hot and sweaty and I thought I was gonna pass out...I don't think I'll ever go back during mid day...no way...had lunch at Cafe Verde and how I wish the temperature would drop by 7 degrees or something...then it would be perfect. Honestly, the Botanical Garden is really nice....but the heat renders it quite impossible for me cos my body doesn't take heat well and I over heat and normally get either heat stroke or heat exhaustion...but despite the heat, it's okay...I had to be a wet blanket and cut the walk short cos I was really feeling faint

Walking through dangling stuff...we look like we're dancing...

Horsing around doing macho muscle man pose in front of the waterfall...BB was behind it taking pictures...it's quite a nice waterfall..albeit a small one

The Evolution Garden....quite cool really...it's educational and it charts the development of planet earth and its plants, dating back to 4,500 million years ago...this I admit is really cool and worth the heat...

Weird looking trees in the Evo Garden but when we went down to touch it, it feels fake...

Tomorrow's back to work..the fun is over...bwahhhh.....and Gail and BB are going shopping!!!! Argh...they're going without me...woe is me!!! My favorite item on the itinerary is without me! I wonder if BB does it on purpose....

Anyway, I need to beef up my whitening regime cos of the excessive UV rays exposure...can't be good!!!! Okay, now going to sleep....zzzzzz...good night world....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope that you show some respect to the country that you have been since your sec day...

I feel sorry to hear such remark from you regarding the cab system here as the can system in HK might not be any better or the people there.

Things just don't change issit... you still remind the same...with all your selfish remarks.

B said...

First of all, my remark about the cab system is not selfish. It's insensitive perhaps if that pisses you off. Secondly, the cab system in hk is much better and you'll never encounter problem like those in sg. And if you've read the newspaper lately, you'll know there've been a lot of complaints about cab availability since the IR in sentosa opened cos all the cabs just wait there.

Also, since your comment suggests that you know me since secondary school days, you might perhaps want to show some respect for yourself and name yourself instead of hiding behind the guise of some random coward anonymous anyway. It's MY blog in case you haven't noticed and I can rant and rave whatever that pleases me and if that doesn't agree with you, I recommend clicking that little cross icon at the top corner of your browser

Anonymous said...

Have to agree totally, cabs here have become a nightmare recently. Even booking is becoming impossible, having to call multiple times before a taxi is assigned. And what taxi’s are around, take advantage of the situations by displaying “busy” and refusing to pick up at roads or coming into stands, waiting instead for people to book them. Argh!

B said...

Anon 10.56am, I hear you!! Last night I was at Vivo City around 9ish 10pm and couldn't call a cab cos all the cabs within the area are booked and at some point, I couldn't even get through the phone line! So it can't be just around Vivo but it's island wide. And then it's always "Sorry, all the cabs within the area are booked" after calling for 348390843849 times!

Then after I sent someone home, I had to flag for another cab and this time we were around Lavender and I saw this cab with green light from afar driving towards me and being kiasu, I stuck my hand out to flag for it and guess what? It conveniently turned to "BUSY" after he saw me...bastard! And they're forever waiting for people to call cos I used to work around suntec and many times, I saw the same cab driving round and round the fountain and once when I called, it's the same cab driver who's been circling the place. Yes, I could tell it's him cos he wore a big turban and loud red framed glasses with tons of those nodding dogs ornaments on his dashboard. It's a cab conspiracy!

B said...

P.S: anon 12.03, I see that your suicide attempts haven't been successful. But take care nonetheless.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails