Monday, May 17, 2010

Operation GI Jane

I just realized I've been working out with a personal trainer consistently for 2 years!! What an achievement! And I train 3 times a week with a trainer these days on Tues, Thurs and Sat. About 2 years ago, after watching What Happens In Vegas that starred Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher, I signed up for PowerPlate personal training session cos Cameron's got such ripped body in the movie...I remember there's a scene where she was working out and doing kickboxing moves and boy, her body was smoking!!! Her arms so defined and her abs like washboard...and at that point, I thought I wasn't getting any younger and I'd better start working out so I can be anti fat bitch. And now it's been 2 years. And I remember 9 months into the regime, I was so damn serious about fitness that I was at my all time fit. I apparently do man and commando push-ups better than most men (according to my trainer and let's hope he wasn't trying to make me happy), gained about 7kg of pure muscle, had an abs so solid that I had a 4-pack....and after awhile, I got a really bad viral fever and couldn't train for 2 weeks and ever since then, I've slackened off and while talking to BB about fitness the other day, I recalled all the stuff I used to do and maybe it's time to bring back the GI Jane in me and to train again...but first, let me recall my GI Jane regime....


Demi Moore in G.I. Jane.....Okay, I don't think I'm that hard core...I can only wish...my boobs would probably disappear from that kind of training....so erm...nope...

Miss B's GI Jane Regime
  • 3 times a week of PowerPlate workout with personal trainer at Verve Studio. I'm hopelessly lazy and if there's no personal trainer, I will cheat....so I need someone to push me and whip me into shape...and Power Plate is super good...it works...it shortens workout time with the high frequency vibration that speed up muscle fatigue...a lot of people think the PowerPlate is all gimmick and initially I was skeptical but then once I tried it, I swear by it cos it's so much harder training on the plate cos that short one minute of push-ups or abs crunches felt so much more intense that when I just started, I couldn't do most of it. And I've seen many a grown men train and gave up or they scream in agony....after some research, I realized that the PowerPlates have been used in many countries to train professional athletes like the Chicago Bulls, and the China Olympic team members are all trained on PowerPlate...no wonder...and if you've seen how ripped Hilary Swank's body is in Million Dollar Baby, yes, it's the work of the magical PowerPlate....I'm now a bona fide PowerPlate Girl!!
  • 3 times a week of cardio swim. I swim at night when I'm not training and I swim for about 40 minutes without rest...haha...you might not believe it but I was in the swimming team when I was younger...tried synchronized swimming but sucked at it but I was quite a swimmer who had many medals...good thing I don't look like Jocelyn Yeo
  • Daily doses of Cal-Mag supplement. I take a cal-mag tablet once in the morning and once before my workout. Not only does Cal-Mag help prevent muscle cramp by keeping your muscles hydrated (tips from my marvelous chiropractor David Cosman..he's the best!), research has shown that skinny and fit people have a much higher calcium level in them...
  • Cereal with soy milk for dinner. Oil free and high in fiber. Bran cereal is preferred cos it's lowest in calorie and it fills you up...soy milk cos dairy is bad for you cos cow's milk is meant for small calf to grow into 10 times their weight in a matter of months..so imagine what it does to your body
  • Pastry ban....to much fat and calorie
  • Sugar ban...no more sugar drink...This is insanely important if you want to lose weight. I see some friends going on diet and eating little but downing coke. Failed!!! And no, drinking bottled juice won't work too cos there's a lot higher sugar content in the juice compared to freshly squeezed one....a friend of mine was downing Marigold orange juice while being on diet and she indulged cos well, it's nice...alas, no weight loss and why? Cos of the stupid juice! And she protest saying but but but it's orange juice and I said, but but but, have you seen how real orange juice look like? After leaving it there, it separates into the juice and the pulp, does the juice in a box look like that? NO...so there! Haha, if you're reading this, you know who you are and kudos you bought a juicer! ;) Cutting sugar helps you lose weight quick
  • Apple Cider Vinegar 3 times a day, 2 table spoon each time....help detox and lose weight. For more info, click here for my previous article on it
  • Fat Burner to speed up metabolic...I take it before my workout...I tried the Fancl fat burner and it seemed to work before..I'll down 6 tablets an hour before my work out
  • No eating dinner after 730pm and only light dinner. The later you eat your dinner, the more likely you'll store the excess un-used calorie as fat unless you go jogging at night to burn it off BUT, do have a small portion of protein before going to bed. When you're sleeping, your body actually goes into "starvation mode" as there's no food and having a small amount of protein enables your body to convert those protein into energy and help build muscles instead of burning them for energy. This is quite an important tip if you want to build lean muscle and reduce body fat percentage. There's liquid egg white available in health store for that purpose cos it's pure protein
  • If the food doesn't taste good, don't eat it. It's not worth the calorie...and don't over indulge...for awhile, I would pig out on sunday cos it's supposedly the "rest day" but well, "A moment on the lips, a life time on the hips".....stick to good food that's worth your while....
  • Drink tons and tons of water...I guzzle about 2 liters a day in general and little did I know that actually drinking water helps to lose weight!! This is according to the Chinese TCM doctor...there's a period where I tried to gain weight (I know, those were the days...sigh...fml now) many years back and the doctor told me drink only when I'm thirsty cos downing water actually helps you lose weight...ohhh...now I gulp it down! Good for your skin too...so why the hell not?
  • Trick your body to burn fat longer by alternating between high intensity workout, then slowing down, then high intensity again...tips from my trainer and also I read it in many fitness magazine too. So when I so my cardio swim, I would warm up with 4 laps, then I start to sprint swim for 4, then slow down for 2 laps, then fast again for 4 and then slow again for 2 laps...It's supposed to confuse your body cos it doesn't know when you'll need the extra energy and your body just continue to keep burning more for the "just in case" and it goes on for awhile after you finish your exercise too....
Okay, there you go....if you've got good tips, SHARE!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails