Wednesday, June 02, 2010

June Muses


Reading: Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin...I watched the movie some weeks ago and I was so damn moved and I bought the book the next day and I'm totally loving the stories Li told of his life as a ballet student and the communist regime he was subjected to as a child...it's totally fascinating!

Watching: Dexter...yes, I'm a laggard...I'm finally starting to watch Dexter...first it was JC who asked me to watch it almost a year ago, then a couple more friends asked me to and a reader whom I email has also been bugging me to watch it and now I'm finally watching it and woohooo...Dexter IS GOOD! I'm at the first couple of episodes and boy....I LOVE it...I've always loved that dark twisted humor cos I have a very dark and twisted mind and I can totally relate to Dexter in the non-violent way....complex I know...And all the gruesome butchering murder scene is such sweet relief for a shit day at work...
Listening to: The Sea by Corinne Bailey Rae....Corinne's second album...waited for so long for it to come cos she was grieving for her husband's death (drug overdose...sad really). After her husband death, she said she wouldn't sing anymore but good thing she's put herself together. The album's got the same girly charm I love from the first one yet it's got some dark corners cos it's about grief....it's an awesome album with a melancholic edge, very different from her debut...Love the tracks "Closer", "Paris Night New York Morning" and "I'd do it all again"....

Using: Skin79 BB Sun Pact & L'egere Multi White BB Cream....actually, I bought the L'egere BB cream last August while I was stuck surfing in Taiwan (yes, stuck cos I was at the exact spot where the Typhoon Morakat hit!) and initially I didn't like it cos I'm totally not used to the texture of BB cream cos I think it's rather thick and at that point I was tanned so the colour was a bit pale for me...then recently a reader asked if I use BB cream and it prompted me to give the cream a try again and guess what? I actually like it now! Cos the coverage is good and natural, and it's got all the good properties of sun block, moisturizer, foundation, blah blah blah...pretty much everything in the sink and it saves lots of time in the morning cos just moisturize and whack it on, no need to apply foundation and whatnots. What's not to love? And because of my new found liking for BB Cream, I went to Watsons to get the Skin79 BB Sun Pact cos my Ettusais pearly powder has run out and I wanted to try something else....well, I LOVE the Skin79 Sun Pact!! Not only has it got a super cheery hot pink packaging, the powder is super silkly smooth and it's got excellent coverage when worn on top of BB cream to give you flawless skin! And there's a plastic lid instead of the cumbersome piece of clear plastic to separate the powder puff and the powder...very nifty...I think I'm gonna buy this again....highly recommend!!

Wearing: Thomas Sabo angel wing pendant....old item but I love this...I really would want to have the Garrard Wing pendant but no money...boooo...they don't even have an outlet in Singapore anyway

Drinking: I'm in a bit of a slimming craze and an ex-colleague asked me to try the TG Slimming Drink....It's available only in Unity Pharmacy and it's apparently approved by Ministry of Health in Japan as a slimming health drink. It promises to help rid of the stubborn fat around your mid section and lower body. I dunno if it works cos I've only had it for about a week plus but I've already stocked up on it to give it more time...will update on progress...hope in a bottle! Click here to read more...

Berocca....oh it does help me feel more alert and less tired. So I'm popping one tablet every morning for that burst of energy...

Loving: Jessica Michibata...My favourite Japanese model, my current muse and Jenson Button's ex-girlfriend (their break-up was announced on 28 May)....I love her! She's gorgeous and down-to-earth and you can tell she's a really sweet and nice person. She does quite a bit of charity too, so shame on Jenson Button who broke up with her to focus on his career (I hate men like that cos it means they're not good enough to juggle both. Losers)...I hope Jessica M finds a better man soon and Jenson can bloody eat his McLaren heart out....

Lusting after: The same old Tiffany key necklace I lusted after in February...I've always loved girly classic items like key and locket and hearts etc....but now I'm under the "Project Chinese Jew" regime, so this will have to remain as a lust item until further notice...

6 comments:

OGT said...

Jessica Michibata is now your favourite eh? Haha. Now there isn't a need to compete for the title of race queen!

B said...

Haha she's the muse of the month. Dunno how long she'll last as my muse but as of now I totally dig her! More than Jenson Button the asshole!

Trinkle said...

Hi B-muses
as usual looking forward to your monthly muses, like a wrap up of the best they accompany you month after month..a few questions, hehe

1) I'm tempted to try Skin79 BB Sun Pact & L'egere Multi White BB Cream...however may i know what is your MAC shade e.g. NC 20 or 25? if not, are you considered fair? asking this because i am pretty fair around NC 15 -20 and i am afraid the product will make me look darker if our skin tone bei matched wahhaha

2) what is the software you used to do the monthly muse graphic? nice lei! hehe

Love
Trinkle

B said...

Hi Trinkle,

I can't remember what's my MAC shade cos I haven't used MAC for damn long but if I'm not wrong, it's NC30....I can't be sure cos it was super long ago...probably more than 10 years ago. But I can tell you what my ZA foundation shade is, it's 21 or 22 depending on whether I got forced to go into the sun. Should be around there and I'm considered fair. In fact, the L'egere BB cream should be quite good for fair skin I think. And some bigger Watsons have the testers for Skin79 Sun Pact, I saw the tester set at the Bugis Watsons so you can go play around first to see if it fits. There's only one shade though...strange I know...I super tempted to try the Skin79 BB cream but I'm on a cheapo regime and don't wanna randomly buy stuff...so I didn't buy it but I tried the texture (tester at Bugis) and it's actually easier to spread and blend than the L'egere one...so you try both and see which one you like more...think they sell L'egere at John Little if I'm not wrong...

Hahaha...no software at all! Just being resourceful. Here's how you do it. Open a blank powerpoint page, cut and paste images you find, plonk it in, rearrange, then jazz it up with little stars or whatever you want, then save into JPEG and then crop. Viola! Easy right? :)

Trinkle said...

Hey b-muses!
haha okok on the graphic making. if your picture is not assisted by software, then it's really neat and well done :)) ! true..these days we are all so rely on technology and every cute thing we think instantly of software, gadget, tools to get it done :P

ok, thanks too on the makeup reveal. greatly appreciated! oh, u mentioned you want to try Skin79 BB cream? they have the hot pink and the VIP gold with the latter being more moisturizing particularly good for dry skin. but girl, i tell you..i tried the VIP gold and it's very dark that's why i am more careful these day. let me see...imagine the dark tone to be like ZA 23? hmm..but then again, i have friends who use skin79 Hot pink and it look fair on her so ya..can test the tester as u said before we commit

B said...

Hey trinkle! Thanks for the BB cream tips! I was thinking of getting the gold one from skin79 cos I have dry skin! Haha now I'm gonna finish what I have before I buy again! I'm a good girl!LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails