Thursday, June 03, 2010

Last Meal

I'm comfort eating now...stuffing my face with potato wedges to combat work stress/PMS/black clouds in my head etc...and why must all the yummy delicious food be either fattening or bad for health? It's such cruel reality...then I suddenly remember my publishing friend once did a little vox pox page and went around asking people that if they're gonna be executed tomorrow, what would they want their last meal to be (assuming you can choose what you want)....what an interesting question...a cruel one indeed for me cos I love food and there're soooo many things I wanna eat!!! I can't even decide...but Ah Meow said she would like to have a major salmon sashimi feast, QQ wanna have her mom's home cooked meal of 三菜一汤 (3 different dishes and one soup), HL said whatever she feels like eating at that point (good one but then I'll feel a bit cheated if I feel like eating instant noodle cos hello, it's last meal!), OGT said I have too much free time to think of nonsense (not true..I'm busy like hell) then answered "Lucky Plaza chicken rice"....anyhow....

I can't make up my mind, but I made a list of what I'd like and I'll probably choose from there:
  • Wagyu beef fillet mignon with white truffle
  • Salmon and tuna belly sashimi feast
  • Waraku's warm mentaiko udon
  • Xiao long bao with vinegar
  • Tom yum soup (less spicy please)
  • A bloody good cheese burger with truffle fries
  • Potato feast...ie. mash with gravy, wedges, fries (yes I love spud)
  • Japanese curry with seaweed laden miso soup
  • Stir fried clams with chili paste
  • Cantonese double boiled soup (either old cucumber soup or watercrest soup)
  • Herbal soup with "dang gui"
  • Creamy mushroom soup with truffle oil and a touch of leek (must be puree type)
Yeah that's about what I would probably think of....very greedy I know...it would be good if there's a spread of all of the above in small portion....at least I'll be having a very full belly and won't die as a hungry ghost....but now all of a sudden I'm seriously seriously craving for double boiled old cucumber soup...omg...my mouth is watering....
hmmmm double boiled old cucumber soup.....

8 comments:

Citrella said...

wow I'm feeling hungry just going through your list :)

and yeap, I love potato wedges too!

B said...

Hahaha...I know...I've been thinking of food the entire day since I wrote it....

Ohhh potato wedges is best with cheese dip!! OMG I'm so hungry now...lol

jason said...

Hey B, have you tried the potato skins and mashed Idaho potato at Mortons of Chicago? Guaranteed to die for especially the latter matched up with sour cream and bacon strips fried crispy! Sheer heaven!!

B said...

I know mortons for its steak but never tried the potato skin or mash. Sounds divine though!! But I'm on my chinese jew regime so I can't go mortons for now cos it costs a bomb! Will sure to try out the mash potato when I go there n will get extra portion cos of your rave! And maybe you'll see it as part of my last meal list! Haha! But potato is awesome! Such simple thing but crazily delicious! Yum!

Anonymous said...

u know there's a last meal photo project? it's interesting. lost the link though. -hl

B said...

I tried to google but can't find lah...But I wonder how good are the last meals prisons serve...hmmm....

jason said...

Hey B, forget about the steaks! The mash and skins costs about $15-20 a pop each.....plus the divine bread as a starter on the house, u'd be stuffed like an elephant with carbs before u even think abt ordering the steak.... geez i am already salivating!

B said...

No no no how can you not have steak at Morton's? Might as well don't go! I'll have the mash n a fillet mignon thank you! Yum!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails