Friday, June 11, 2010

Song of the Day

I've always loved this Japanese song but yesterday Ah Meow sent me again...ohhh love it all over again...I kinda knew it existed before Lost In Translation cos I first heard in my friend Ken's place in Osaka when I was there in 1999 (omg...so long ago) but I didn't know it's a very old song. Ah Meow said it's like 30 years old....it's lovely...and a perfect song for a Friday...chill and relax....



It's called Kaze Wo Astumete and the lyric translation is something like this

As I was walking down a towering alley
In the outskirts of the city
I saw beyond the blotched fog
A streetcar still sluggish from sleep
Crossing over the sea

(Chorus)
That's why I want to gather the wind (under my wings)
Gather the wind (under my wings)
And run across the blue sky.

As I passed through a beautiful sunrise
I saw beyond the empty-looking breakwater
A city with its day-colored sails up
Moored in the port
(Repeat)

When I was killing time one morning
At an empty coffee shop
I saw through the cracked glass
The rustling of the high-rises' silken clothes
Brushing on the sidewalk

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails