Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Skincare routine du jour



As a beauty junkie, my skincare routine changes on a regular basis cos I need to suss out new good products! And since the last time I did a post on my night routine (click here to read the last one), I've since changed some of the items and here are my latest list:

1. Za CleanseMax Makeup Remover
It's cheap and good and removes make up in a jiffy. All you need to do is to apply the gel all over your face, massage well, see the makeup melt and then wipe it off with tissue paper. Super good and did I mention that it's super affordable? I think about 11 bucks or something. It's really quite good. I love it. You actually don't need to rinse your face or double-cleanse...but I do though...haha

2. Ettusais Pore Care Wash
This is quite a favorite and it's super foamy and really cleanses well. A little goes a long way and a bottle lasts forever too. 

3. SKII Treatment Essence
Ahhhh the much acclaimed miracle water....I'm not a regular user but I use it on and off to give skin a boost. I find that stopping it after a while gives a better effect and I alternate this with Aesop Parsley Seed Antioxidant Toner...at times I actually feel that the Aesop one works better but like I said, the trick is to not let your skin get too accustomed to the skin product and switch...SKII is good for sure though some people with sensitive skin gets seriously bad breakout from it. I know a person who tried it and got her face all inflamed and she went to the dermatologist to find out that she's not the only one...too bad for her cos it works for me...my mom swears by it too...only drawback is that it stinks...but if u tell me I'll be super beautiful if I smear baby poo on my face, I would do it too...okay, maybe not that extreme but you get the drift...

4. Hakubi C Gel
My latest whitening/spot lightening tool....found this by accident cos I was only intending to buy the Hakubi C tablet but I bought the pack that came with the Hakubi C Gel and well, this one really works, my freckles got lighter very soon after and I feel that my skin got a good glow too! Watery texture that dries up real quickly on your skin without any stickiness. But it's not a moisturizing gel though so you'll still need your regular skincare

5. Hado Labo Hyaluronic Face Lotion
New kid on the block on my skin care list. This one I'm using because I've bought it, it does leave skin soft and supple and it's quickly absorbed into the skin without any greasy feel...I purely add this step cos I have dry skin...but not sure if it really improves the overall water content...but since I got it, use it

6. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
A little goes a long way indeed and I still haven't finished the bottle I bought. Everyone raves about this but I don't think it's got much effect on me nor did I feel my skin improving tremendously. But it can't be that bad either, so yeah, just use it and finish it. Don't waste...But I'm not sure if I'll buy it again. Maybe but definitely not so soon.

7. Himalayan Under Eye Cream
Okay, this eye cream works! And it's cheap! And it's now my favorite eye cream! My dark circles (my main problem) are visibly lighter and it's got a good texture...I've written about it in previous post. Click Here to read

8. Bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Cream
I love the texture and scent of this refreshing cream! It's got a very light texture and it absorbs so very well that it leaves almost no traces whatsoever and yes, your skin is more radiant and even toned. Great for dull and tired skin and those with oily and combination skin. But for dry skin, it might be a wee bit too light. But it's a great cream! Click Here to read my previous post 

9. BioEssence Face Lifting Cream
Okay, I've NEVER been a BioEssence fan at all cos I just never like the brand at all. But then a friend insisted that I try their face lifting cream, claiming that it's bloody damn good etc. Fine, I'll give it a shot, and well, it's not that bad. You see, the Triple Oxygen cream is a bit light for my dry skin, so I use this as the last step of my skincare regime cos I have dry skin. I'm worried about skin sagging so this one is probably a good solution for now before I switch to more heavy duty firming product in the future (or botox for that matter!!). I really slather it on for my neck too and it's got a pretty good texture. Absorbs readily by the skin and not oily at all. I made BB use it and he's been using it for about 3 weeks and you  know what? I just told him the other night that his pores seem to have gotten smaller and his skin tone more even. It's true. So it gotta be good cos it's the only skincare that BB has been consistently using, so yup, I don't hate the brand anymore. I kinda like it...oh and it smells like Christmas Pudding too, according to BB...quite a nice comforting smell if you ask me!

So here you go...until the next time I change routine again! If you know any good stuff, TELL ME Please!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just went to check out shiseido's new aqualabel line out soon at watsons temple; it's promising! the cleansing oil rose scented also, not sure about other products. --hl

B said...

I've tried it before cos got it from Taiwan last time. I tried the mask and emulsion, so so lah. Not say super good but not too bad either.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails