Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stop Don't Panic...


Oh doesn't this Keep Calm and Carry On poster look familiar? Yes, it's the second time I posted this up but it can't be more apt now. The last time I posted it up was in February where I was rushing through major project at work and now, it's the same case again...only it's so much worse this time...

Yesterday, I had the Looooooooooongest meeting of my entire working life...the mother of all marathon meetings and I was stuck in the meeting room working on the same shit from 930am to 9pm. Yes it's a whopping 11.5 hours!! And I never wanted to be shot so much in my life! I was even praying for some arsonist to set fire to the building so we can all leave but no such luck. Scientists say long meetings shorten your life span! And I must have lost at least 5 years of my life yesterday. And things aren't even that completed yet...let's hope there's no fuck-up today....cos it's D-Day...and just as you think that it'll all end today, Noooo, no bloody way cos there's no happy ending to this week cos on Friday, I'll have to work till probably 2am because there's some party/event that I need to cover and it starts from midnight....this is the ultimate FML week in its full glory....BUT, I'm taking a day off on Monday for a breather....I'll book myself a facial, go see my chiropractor to fix my wonky shoulders and neck, and go touch up and fix my scraggly eyelashes....I can't wait...actually I haven't even booked the facial, let's hope there's a slot for me....

And I didn't sleep well last night because the moment I closed my eyes, I saw the bloody meeting room and mentally went through the whole meeting, bits and pieces of it....and it's really tragic....and I feel as if I haven't really slept today now cos the brain didn't switch off....and speaking of shutting down the brain, what do you do to shut your mind? You know some people go home and vegetate in front of the tv, some go for a run etc? I have a couple of things I do...

  • Do a DIY manicure and pedicure...you see, you're so focus on shaping and filing and then painting the nails that you don't really think of other stuff...and if you go a step further and paint french manicure, you gotta be soooo focus not to smudge cos surgical precision almost required and once the paint is on, you take care not to botch it with knocking into things...all you can think of now is nails...perfect...
  • Read magazine....magazine of choice would be trashy tabloid...it's PERFECT cos reading the misfortune or misadventures of Hollywood stars is always therapeutic...okay you might say oh dead but they're human too and what about privacy issue? Darling, if you earn $20million a movie, I WANT your privacy! And if they want privacy, go be a hermit...so yeah, get lost in the world of celebrities and live through their vicarious lives are great ways to forget work....
  • Obsessively surf the net for specific topic....like I'll spend hours surfing on topic of interest like surfing or youtube latest music mtv etc....it helps forget work
  • Swim...ideally it's to swim cos it's totally healthy but I'm too lazy...so yeah, that would be ideal but it rarely happens
  • Cook...oh cooking is therapeutic cos you need to focus and you don't really think of other stuff...you don't want your fingers chopped off instead of the onion so you focus....well but it rarely happens these days cos I hate washing up
  • Color my hair...DIY of course cos you'll be so busy fussing with the ammonia scented dye and spreading it to make sure you don't botch  it...then you'll have to wash, rinse, condition, dry etc...and then you either muse or bitch about what great/shit color you've got and by the time you finish, you'll be so tired you just go to bed
  • Squeeze blackheads and clear pores....yes, it's insanely therapeutic....
  • Tweeze hair....be it eyebrow or otherwise...you need precision and focus...your mind can't think of other stuff like work or you'll have wonky eyebrows...
Hmmm...that's about all I can think of....I wonder what I should be doing tonight....I think tweezing hair might be a good idea....hahahaha....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm on leave wed-fri this week. nanananana. ah wait but i dunno what to do -hl

B said...

Argh HL! You lucky bitch! I'm so overworked here it's very tragic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails