Saturday, June 05, 2010

White Out!

I'm a pill popper and I pop supplement like I pop candy but I love it. Everyday I take a multi vitamin, a cal-mag tablet (to help hydrate my muscle and prevent cramps during exercise), some fat burner, some Apple Cider Vinegar (okay not pill) and lately I've retired Imedeen and started taking Sato Hakubi White C instead. Not that Imedeen isn't good cos it's fab but I believe in going off the product a bit after a couple of months so the skin won't be reliant on it but then to replace, I started popping Sato Hakubi White C cos I'm over my bronze tanning phase and would prefer to keep my skin fair (and wrinkle free!)....

It's probably true that they say you'll always want what you don't have. I'm born very fair, with a generous spray of freckles across my cheeks and nose bridge and when I was younger, I've always envied people with bronze healthy glowing skin but then sometimes even a long PE session would burnt my skin and I would turn red for the whole day and I would be called "The cooked lobster". So in my early 20s, I slowly go for tan (after self-tanning lotion failed cos it turned me orange and I looked ike a baked bean) to build up the base tan and slowly continue roasting in order to get that bronze sunshine barbie skin...pale white ghostly skin is just too "frozen chicken" for me...and I've even tried sun bed haha...what a horrible thing to do to my skin and yes, at one point, I was really tan...cos I used to wakeboard twice a week (and I actually enjoyed the tanning more...).....a little like the little brown chocolate cartoon character in the Cadbury chocolate cartoon tv ad..here's proof...my holiday in Ibiza with my friends....

See how tan my shoulder got? Or rather...burnt...and you know how the skin looks less tan in the sun? I look much much darker in normal lighting...ohh but I love my Ibiza wild holidays! Woot!

Anyway, those were the sun worshipping days and now that I'm older, I avoid the sun like the plague (sometimes it's really hard when I go surfing cos I would sit on my surf board the whole day waiting for a nice set of waves)....cos well, UV Rays is your skin number 1 enemy cos it wrinkles your skin, breaks down collagen, gives you sun spots, freckles, not to mention skin cancer...So I'm now into the whitening phase...how ironic right? After damaging my skin by over-tanning....and now I wanna be a frozen chicken again.....But yeah, if you have seen what the sun did to celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe, you would stay away from it too...she's now botoxed her face to perfection but still looks prune-like....so nope, I'll leave the prune back to Del Monte and not on my face......Anyhows, back the point...so when I was thinking of stopping Imedeen and trying a new skin supplement, I thought ahhhh, I'll get Hakubi White C cos I do worry about my spray of freckles getting out of control...no, they're cute in small amount but mine are across the face, all over....think Strawberry Shortcake on steroid kind....or the less extreme case of any ginger red head freckly kid (okay, not that bad)....so I bought Hakubi White C and it comes in a special set with the Hakubi C Gel....


I wasn't intending to buy the Hakubi Gel cos I've got my own whitening serum (Kose Sekeisi Whitening Serum) but the Hakubi comes in a bundle deal so why not right? Especially when my inner cheapskate says it's a good deal.... Always good to try new stuff and it's a small tube anyway. So here's the verdict. My face DOES seem more luminous and the freckles seem to have gone lighter too....Real quick!! Cos I've been only taking it for about 10 days or so....I dunno if it's the effect of the tablets or the gel but I'm using the gel everynight and taking the tablet 3 times a day...but the freckles are really visibly lighter...the gel is good in a sense that it dries up really quickly and it's got a watery texture and wouldn't even any trace of stuff after it dries. So yes, it's good....but it seems to work on the face only and not the rest of the body (I'm hoping it would cos I have about 3439493478389 mozzie bite marks I hope would lighten)...then again, I don't slap on the gel on my body so maybe that will come a bit later cos my body has a slight tan from all the surfing...but I'm looking forward to have more luminous skin cos after all, I'm only about 10 days into it! But it does seems like something I'll be taking on a regular basis for sure cos it's affordable too! Oh and it's supposedly help you feel more energized with the burst of vitamin...that I didn't feel but who cares when I get luminous skin??? Nice!

15 comments:

Citrella said...

I'm taking the Habuki (blue bottle). Yes it lightens my skin tone after one bottle. Yours is really fast just 10 days later and has taken effect.

I am on my 7th bottle. Taking a break before resuming back the routine.

:)

B said...

Wow so it's really good then! I think it might be the Hakubi Gel and the tablet that's working super fast. Oh so that means the gel is probably super good then!! I might consider buying it again after I finish! Cos I have serious freckles -.-

:)

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine said...

Hello B muses,
I am tempted to buy Hakubi Gel after your review. my skin is dull and lifeless. do you use it with serum and a moisturizer or just after cleanser and with this gel, that's it?

thanks!

B said...

Hi Elaine,

Sorry about the multiple post of the same comment, my comment column went a bit nuts...

Anyway, you still need your usual skincare with the gel. This one has got a very watery texture and it dries on your skin super quickly. So you can use it after cleansing and toning, before your serum and cream. It's not moisturizing at all so your usual skincare is a must. But it really works on my freckles very quickly! Hope this helps :)

Amanda said...

Thanks Miss B for sharing :) I will definitely give it a try. But do you know if there is any side effect?

B said...

So far I haven't had any side effects whatsoever. It's essentially vitamin c so I should think it's safe. Moreover all the drugs that come into Singapore have to go through testing at HSA and they're quite strict so I assume it's fine. And my reader Citrella said she's into her 7th bottle, so it can't be that bad!

Amanda said...

Thanks Miss B :) It sounds excellent! I will give it a try. Also saw your post about Skin79 BB cream. I bought a bottle online not long ago. It is really great :)

B said...

Oh so you bought the bright pink Skin79 BB cream? It's good? I'm gonna buy that one after I'm finished with my current one! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails