Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Classy and Fabulous

Coco Chanel (aka the woman who defined and is still defining elegance) once said:

"A girl should be two things: Classy and fabulous"....

That's one of Mademoiselle Coco's famous quote and it's so damn true and it's such simple wisdom, yet being classy unfortunately isn't something innate in many female of the human species...My friend J and I both agree that as time progresses, we're seeing more and more un-classy acts from women and J said let's blame it on the whole girl power misinterpreted thing because "They just think they can do whatever, be it being crass and LC (aka Low Class) and get away with it by saying it's a feminist thing cos women can do whatever....it's quite stupid cos some stuff like getting totally drunk looks worse on men than women but these bunch of girls think it's fine"....yes, there's some truth to it cos if you think back say 15 years ago, the female bunch used to be better behaved....were they? I dunno....but I do see quite a bit of un-classy acts though.... And here are some examples of an non-classy act in its full glory that I've seen that made me cringed:
  • Being greedy....ohhh, here's the juice...guess who don't sue but a local radio airhead celebrity I had the misfortune to work with once asked for a jewelery company I was working for to loan her jewelery for her wedding (which is now over btw). Jewelery company agreed and she actually got her wedding planner to ask for a gift from the collection of jewelery and the wedding planner said "Oh she just really wants something small as a token to remember the wedding like a small ring or pendant, so I hope you can give it to her".....a couple of days later, the wedding planner said "Oh she really loves that diamond bracelet and is wondering if that can be the gift"....WTF? The bracelet in question had many 1-carat yellow and white diamonds on it and cost $900,000 SGD! Ohhhh...that's something small....AND, the same low class "celebrity" met me to do a roving radio report when I was working at LVMH back then, it was a perfume event and she came to me (the marketing manager) and said "You know I really LUUURVE this perfume!!! I bought it and love it but I gave it to my sister and now I don't have it"...then she blinked her eyes at me and looked at me and didn't turn away....wtf??? It's just a fucking bottle of perfume and she could be so low class to blatantly ask me for it.....gross....Pretty glad I won't have to work with her now....*fingers crossed*
  • Skanky girl approaches a bunch of guys at a pub, chat and flirt up a storm, then exchange numbers with guys, then next day, gives guy(s) a quick missed call (quick enough for the other person to not pick up) and then follow by text message that says "Hey (insert name)...."Now, this is how to be un-classy 101....because 1)it's got desperation written all over 2)your little tactics of getting the guy to call back with the quick missed call is pathetic, making it LOOK like the guy took the initiative by calling back after you give a missed call is quite a low blow...3) if the guy is interested, he would call anyway....so yes, sod off you skank....
  • Getting so drunk and puking everywhere till the girl gotta be carried out of the club and then later sprawling all over the road side with her panty in full display...nuff said....
  •  Talking loudly, swearing and cursing on the phone in a shouting screaming match....please go do that in private please
  •  Skanky girls wearing very little clothes...Uncle Josh told me this cos he was at Heeren and saw two girls wearing a tie-around top and short shorts while a bunch of malay boys were leering at them. I guess if they want to look like the working girls at Orchard Tower, I think they've done well.....less (cloth) isn't always more when it comes to classy dressing....A slight hint of cleavage, sexy. Half the boobs dangling out, skanky
  • Squatting and smoking at the same time.....the typical "Ah Lian" thing to do....it makes the girl look like she's attempting to take a dump with her pants or skirt on....ewwww....Ah Meow would cringe at this....
Oh another example of being totally NOT classy is this youtube video....go laugh your head off now....

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails