Friday, September 03, 2010

September Muse



Reading: Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert...ever since Eat, Pray, Love has become my personal bible (me and scotty always quote it by chapter!), I've bought the next book by Gilbert and Committed is an anthropological approach to dissect the institution of marriage and debunk certain myths of the holy matrimony...it's not so much as a novel cos it reads a bit like a sociology book but it's really interesting...I love Liz Gilbert!

Listening to: Johnny Cash...There's something very charming about old songs and Johnny Cash has that deep dark voice and the song Ring of Fire keeps churning in my head...

Wearing: Chloe eau de parfum....oh I so love this scent....I think I won't be getting tired of it any time soon

Eating: KFC Portuguese Egg Tarts...oh this little things are pure evil cos they taste so damn divine. Thing is, I never thought much of it cos how can a chicken place make good egg tart right? Wrong!  One boring Friday afternoon, I bought 2 of these babies for fun and the rest is history cos it's so damn good....the crust is totally thin and crispy....I really have no idea how they manage to make such good egg tarts....seriously....

Drinking: Rooibos tea...also known as the Red Bush tea, this is caffeine free and full of very healthy antioxidant (apparently more than green tea and even helps weight loss) and I love its nice warm earthy flavor (though a lot of people don't like it). It's a very calming drink and it helps you sleep and improve your energy level. Apparently a lot of mothers in Africa feed this to their babies for colic problems cos it soothes the tummy. Been drinking it on and off but now I'm back on it

Using: Benefit Erase Paste....it's an under-eye concealer that's rich and creamy, meaning it doesn't crease and dry up to give you that ugly wrinkly pasty texture. It's got the right texture for people with dry skin and the color is just nice to brighten up and banish the panda eyes. Gotta set it with powder though cos of the creamy texture but it stays put pretty well....it's almost, yes, ALMOST as good as Cle de Peau Beaute concealer...that one really take the cake...

Loving: My long black glossy hair! I've gone black and I'm not even thinking of coloring it any time soon but I did do a touch up cos my first black color faded off to a brown and I couldn't stand it and I used L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss in Deep Blue Black to really give it a very black boost...lovely....now I just keep my hair glossy and healthy

Waiting for: Fifi Lapin's book....I dunno if it'll be coming to Singapore but it's launching online soon. Contemplating ordering it online...I love Fifi...she's my bunny doppelgengar aka my alter ego...Ian and some of my peeps still call me Fifi...hahaha...

Lusting after: Lululemon Define Jacket in grey with pink trimmings...I think I won't be lusting more cos this Saturday, it looks like I'll just be ordering it online with Joanie...she's a very bad influence...but I loooove Lululemon (though Joanie is still the no.1 fan with her impossibly big Lululemon collection enough to clothe the whole village)....yes, it's super pricey but their stuff lasts forever. I bought 3 pairs of yoga pants about 5 years ago and they're still in mint condition despite me wearing them all the time....

1 comment:

jason said...

Alamak! what happened to chinese jew program!!?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails