Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October Muse





Reading: The Elephant's Journey by Jose Saramago...the Portuguese
Nobel Prize laureate (1998) has a really good sense of humor and The Elephant's Journey's a pretty good read with a very strong anti-religious stance and cynicism all in good fun. Love it!

Also reading Real Simple Magazine....good practical advice on every day's stuff from home, health, fashion, beauty etc...comes with really good and simple recipe...pretty interesting...

Wearing: Nude peep-toe heels by Nine West. FINALLY found the right nude heels. Every girl needs a pair of nude heels cos it goes with EVERYTHING. LITERALLY and this pair of Nine West is not only a fraction of the price of the Louboutins and Zanottis but they're as comfy. Okay, the first wear was rather painful but it wasn't that bad after a couple of wears...and about time I get back on heels for a change...

Miss Selfridge Lace Dress with velvet peter pan color and trimmings. Found this gem during my solo Bangkok Bender and it's so pretty. It's got a vintage feel to it and it fits really well. In beige and black combo that Mademoiselle Coco would agree with...well, at least Uncle Karl with agree with the lace bit...but I love it...

Using: Soap&Glory The Righteous Butter Body Lotion. Like I've said in my previous review, it's really the best body lotion I've tried so far. It gets absorbed real fast so it's a god-sent in our humidity, then it melts in, sink in to give me the silkiest of all skin...No other body lotion has done that so far...and it smells so nice and girlie too. And it has really made me religious about applying cos I want to touch my silky smooth skin...I would buy it by the truckload next time

Boots Gorgeous Feet Rapid Crack Heels Repair....This one is cheap and good and really works...I notice significant improvement the very next day if you slather it on at night. Totally worth it and the pretty pink packaging is a plus...

Drinking: Clipper Detox Tea....this one is super awesome with a very nice refreshing taste...I'm addicted...I'm a 100% Clipper Tea fan...their Rooibos is really good too....

Loving: Vanessa Paradis....she's my muse of the month...actually, not just the month cos I've been her fan since she came out with her first album singing Joe le Taxi with her girly baby voice when I was in my teens...I recently watched her in the latest French rom-com L'Arna Coeur and it's soooooo good and funny. She's got the ultimate je ne sais quoi about her with that awkward but so-oh intriguing gap in her front teeth and pixie face...and after 2 kids, she still cuts a super svelte figure...yeah, French women don't get fat I know....and I'm sure Johnny Deep agrees...

Advocating for: The release of the new Nobel Peace Prize winner Liu Xiao Bo! He's still locked up and China is now kicking a major big fuss on how this year's prize went to Liu Xiao Bo and saying he's a criminal in China for the simple fact that he fought for his belief. Seriously...sigh...good guys don't finish last...he might get locked up but he's got great recognition and that is something!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails