Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gimme Back My Health!


I've been sick. Utterly sick...it's a really very bad spell cos first I took out 4 wisdom teeth at one go earlier in the month and the recovery took about a week and a half and just as I was about to feel better, I'm down with the shittiest of all flu. I haven't been this sick for a really long time. The last time I got this sick was more than a year an a half ago with fever and tonsillitis but this time, I got really bad flu that didn't go away and it keeps coming back. I went to the doctor twice within a week, first last Thursday and came home with some runny nose and cough syrup. Then today, back with antibiotics, fever meds, lozenges, and runny nose stuff. I hope this fix it. Now I finally know why people in the middle ages could actually die from the flu....

Thing is, it sucks to be living alone when you're sick. I've been living on my own since I was a teen and much as I love the freedom and solitude, I absolutely hate it when I'm ill. Like today, there wasn't anyone to bring me to the doctor and I had to call a cab so I can go down, get in the cab and be on the way to the doc. And I remember in the past, I had crawled my way to the hospital because of food poisoning etc...it's really not fun.

Then comes the problem of food. Not only do I have to lug my own groceries back, I gotta make my own meal and I was too sick to do that, so this is what I did....

Yup, takeaway...Porridge takeaway from Crystal Jade is what I've been surviving on. I'll just go there and order in bulk like 3 at a time so it's enough for one day....and I'll just be eating, popping meds, sleeping, coughing, blowing nose, sleeping.....it sucks!!! I want my mom!!! And I want my health back!!! I would drink shampoo if it means instant recover and perfect health! I've really taken good health for granted and after I recover, I would go get a flu vaccine pronto. It really works cos I had one about a year and a half ago and I didn't fall sick until now...you're supposed to get a jab yearly...so yes, after I recover, flu vaccine! And I'm so gonna take good care of my own health!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Take care Miss B. Get well soon :-)

B said...

Thanks Amanda! Hope I'll start to feel better soon but my voice is going and I'm starting to sound really bad! Argh...

Tiffany said...

Dear B muses
get well soon, ok dear, enjoy your presence and thoughts here. so it pains me to know you are sick, good rest and see you soon, my love

B said...

Thanks Tiffany! You guys should take care and load up on Vitamin C, so many people sick with flu and sore throat. There's definitely a bug going around :s

Anonymous said...

hope you are feeling better with the meds. what happen to your bfd? why is he not looking after you? sucks to be sick with nobody around. take care.

B said...

Hey Anon 9.55,

Thanks. I'm feeling better but I have lost my voice and I sound like a transvestite now! Hopefully the voice would be back soon.

The bf is out of town so I'm alone...bahh....

Amanda said...

Hope your bf will come back soon to take care of you :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails