Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hellraiser & Bride of Frankenstein

Remember how the Hellraiser look? Yeah that freakoid with needles all over his face? This dude...


Yup, this freakoid that somehow reminds me of the Metallica song "Enter Sandman" despite it'll probably be more apt to call him "Nailman"....Anyways, I kinda subjected myself to the Hellraiser treatment, though not on the face, cos 2 nights ago, I went for some full-on acupuncture. 

I've had acupuncture before and it was on my hand and fingers cos I was having problems with left pinky finger from playing the cello. It's child's play in the dictum of acupuncture cos I merely had 4 needles on my hand and nothing else...but this time, I'm fixing some hormones issue (women's problem) and boy, I had some seriously full-on acupuncture that would probably make Hellraiser proud....I had 17 needles in all. 4 on my head on the skull (the most Hellraiser), 9 on my stomach which looked all super bloated, and then 2 on each leg, so a total of 4 on my legs....

1, 2, 3, 4....

I'm sure this would turn Hellraiser on...it's almost like a piece of art....

Thing is, it doesn't hurt more than just a light prick but I got very very very nervous cos I do have super high pain threshold...tattoo? no problem, Brazilian waxing? feels like a scratch, plucking out all 4 wisdom teeth at one go? Done that and no sweat! But acupuncture freaks the living daylight out of me cos high pain threshold I do have but what I can't deal is seeing the freaking needles stuck in my flesh...things like IV drip needle stuck in my vein doesn't hurt but the idea of foreign object lodged in my body makes my knees weak!

So when I saw the bunches of needle from my peripheral vision, I was hyperventilating to the point I was actually trembling cos that's a real "freak out" feeling....and I was literally scared stiff and didn't dare to even really breathe or flinch a muscle and the TCM doctor had to come and remind me to breathe and he was flinging my arms around saying "It's okay, you can move! Don't have to be so stiff!" 

I also refuse to get the mild current pass the needles for stimulation cos I'm already so freaked out and twitching feeling from needles is the last thing I need. I told him I'll do it the next time cos this is a bit like a rehearsal. So deep breathing I did and I got a bit more relax after. Only that when Ah Meow came in, I tried sooo hard not to laugh when she said "OMG, look at that bride of Frankenstein!" 

So how does that feel after? I dunno...okay I guess but I feel kinda bloated and full after so it's good for not eating and would definitely curb my voracious appetite...and the next morning, not sure if it's psychological or not, I actually felt quite light....we'll see...I'll be back for more on Saturday...it's gonna be twice a week now for about 6 weeks....wish me luck....

2 comments:

jason said...

Goodness, you can be part of the Cenobites(aka pinhead)motley crew!lol! Remember pleasure from pain!

B said...

There's no pleasure from this hello! Not like it's those painful but awesome massage. This is just sheer discomfort!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails