Monday, January 31, 2011

New Panadol...

Interesting conversation between me and R....


B: Geezzz....I just had a crazy meeting with the HR peeps. Nut case...Now I think HR stands for Human Retards...


R: Oh haha, them again huh? They're just super unpopular in most organisations


B: I can see why and now I'm having a headache and just popped some Panadol Extra


R: Ohhh hahaha, if they have Panadol Extra and Panadol Muscle & Joint, I think they can develop Panadol HR too...


B: LOLOLO....totally brilliant! Panadol HR! I'll need them by the truck load...

Ohhh...what a Monday! The torrential rain has proven to be a pain in the ass and the first thought I had when I woke up this morning was "Hmmm, so do I swim or canoe to work?"....I love and hate rain! The awesome cool weather is such respite from the usual sweltering heat and it's almost like "Winter in Singapore" (though I would prefer it to go even chillier). But the grey sky and blanket-nuzzling weather make waking up impossible, and commuting to work and generally anywhere means you'll end up marinating your feet in rain water and whatever sand and mud that get into the shoes....not to mention it'll ruin your shoes! Suffer the little Louboutins and Choos (actually, or Lanvin flats mostly)! And oh dear...the bag!! The bag suffers too and if you forget to rain proof that precious leather bag, you're left with nasty water marks that might not go away (case in point, the Mulberry Oak brown leather)! So here's how you weather proof your garbs!

No.1...this is the ultimate life saver! The mighty old Wellies!!I think everyone should have a pair! And I'm finally giving my leopard prints wellies some mileage since Glastonbury Festival! And now I'm thinking of getting another 2 more to go with other outfits...


I wear them to and fro work and whenever I go run errands out in the torrential rain. You might not think you really need it until you walk through a puddle of water as the muddy rain water gushes into your shoes! And it keeps your pants (you tuck them in) from getting soaked too....And you bring your work shoes or whatever shoes with you so your feet stay dry....yes, it might be a bit odd and I get a stare or two from people, but screw them cos last checked, my feet are dry and comfy and theirs soaked and cold. Stare as you want but oh well, enjoy marinating your feet in rain water till they're stinky (especially if you're wearing leather shoes). I hate wet feet. Especially when you take your feet out of the shoes to feel some relief only to need to shove them back into the cold wet shoes when you need to walk around...ewww

Then, you'll need a bag that's rain-proof without sacrificing on style! With the week-long rainy weather predicted, I've stored all my other bags back into their dust bags and pulled out my Mulberry Roxanne in black with coated canvas that's rain proof. Perfect for rainy weather and you won't have to give your precious IT bag prime estate space under the brolly to shield it from rain. I cringe whenever I see good bags suffering in the rain!


Other good options for decent rain proof bag that's pretty are from Kate Spade and Agnes B. But yes, a girl gotta look presentable even with the crazy pissing rain! Happy Moan-day...at least it's a short week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails