Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Notable Quotable

"The pain I feel now is the happiness I felt before, that's the deal"

-- C.S. Lewis

If there's a list of some universal truths, this C.S. Lewis' quote is definitely on the list. Buddha would tell you that impermanence is the nature of the world we're in and that change is the only constance. What you have today might be gone tomorrow. Now that's scary cos considering the ways we're all holding on to our happy moments so preciously with photos, videos, tattoos, memorabilia, journal etc....it seems like we're doing ourselves in when the shitty feeling/event/person comes and robs you of your current happiness. But you know what? Buddha said "I told you so!" cos Buddha already emphasizes the need to detach from worldly things...hmm...food for thought?

Well, I guess at least for me, perhaps I got one thing right cos I tend to note down the shitty moments and sometimes even have them inked into my skin...so maybe that's the strategy of a happy life other than having a bad memory? 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails