Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Notable Quotable

Seeking security or perfection, rejoicing in feeling confirmed and whole, self-contained and comfortable, is some kind of death. It doesn’t have any fresh air. There’s no room for something to come in and interrupt all that. We are killing the moment by controlling the experience. Doing this is setting ourselves up for failure, because sooner or later, we’re going to have an experience we can’t control: our house is going to burn down, someone we love is going to die, we’re going to find out we have cancer, a brick is going to fall out of the sky and hit us on the head


- Pema Chödrön

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ms b, are we reading the same material here :) alli

B said...

Alli! You read Pema Chödrön too? My friend from dharma class gave me her book and I totally love her!

Anonymous said...

I wrote about her here, I've been read her books lately.

What dharma class?

http://luxeandco.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/the-smug-drug-2/

Anonymous said...

I wrote about her here, I've been read her books lately.

What dharma class? deets!

http://luxeandco.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/the-smug-drug-2/

B said...

OMG, we actually wrote about similar stuff!!!!!!

I was quoting CS Lewis and writing about what you wrote (with less finesse though! I love your writing btw!)!

http://b-muses.blogspot.com/2011/03/notable-quotable_22.html

Oh I used to go to dharma class every weekend at this Tibetan Temple around Lavender. It's called Thekchen Choling Temple and they have free classes. Haven't been back for awhile. WE SHOULD GO!! Cos it's a drag to go alone...They have classes every Friday night 8pm to 10pm....if you're keen, let me know! I've been so damn lazy to go cos it's a bit out of the way...mehh...I always give in to sloth...and it's a Friday night..But every now and then, I'll go for the puja and stuff....

Here's their website
http://www.thekchencholing.org/portal/public/juley/

Babe, how are you liking your oils??? I can't' live without mine! My dad is now using Green Tara too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails