Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hada Labo Lip Moisturizer

As you might have already noticed from my previous posts, I'm obsessed with lip balm and my friend HL and I always say that you can never have enough lip balms cos you can put one in every bag and they finish quite fast anyway. So I had to pick up a tube of Hada Labo lip moisturizer when I saw it at Watsons.


I've tried the Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Face Lotion before but I think it's so-so and doesn't live up to the hype. Well, it does its job well but not super wow and I gave it to OGT who actually likes it quite a bit and she said it works pretty well on her. I, on the other hand, wasn't exactly impressed but then again, it's really just about moisture boosting so I can't expect miracle. But if the lotion can allegedly lock in so much moisture, the lip balm gotta be good for my dry lips. I can say that its texture actually rivals the Ettusais Lip Essence quite a bit at a fraction of the price as it's only going at $10.50!

It's got very similar texture as Ettusais Lip Essence which I like. It's a thick gel/balm type with a nice shine and despite the thick texture, it's quite comfortable on the lips and not waxy. Thick lip balms all have staying power and it's the same with this one. I tired it at night before I go to bed and in the morning, there's still a thin layer there and my lips are quite soft. But the only problem is that after I wipe if off, I need to immediately apply lip balm again or my lips will feel dry. I notice that some lip balms need constant reapplying once you use it, otherwise, the moment you have none on, your lips will start to feel dry. This is especially so for the petroleum-based lip balm I think cos whenever I use petroleum-based lip balm like the Vaseline ones, this kind of happens. On the other hand, if I use non petroleum-based lip balms like the Burt's Bees Beewax Lip Balm or Fushi Organic Lip Balm, I don't have this problem at all.

The Hada Labo does give me that though and well guess what? It is petroleum-based. So that's something I don't like about it. Otherwise the texture is not bad. Nonetheless, I don't think I'll buy it again. And right now, my favorite lip balms are still: Fushi Organic Lip Balm, Burt's Bees Beewax Lip Balm and Cle de Peau Beaute Lip Treatment....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails