Thursday, August 04, 2011

Diptyque Philosykos

A friend once remarked "B, you have enough perfume to set up a shop, would you die if you stop buying perfume?!"....well, the answer is "Erm...well, yes"....and now I have a new muse. Yes, I'm kinda on a roll now with perfume.


The Diptyque Philosykos, is the latest addition to my repertoire of cult perfume collection and how I love this scent!!! I've always been a Diptyque fan and I've been regularly wearing Diptyque's L'Ombre dans L'eau for it's fresh mossy scent. Now, with the Philosykos, I have two lovely Diptyque fragrance that I totally adore.

I've always loved the smell of fig but I've yet to find one that I truly like. I've had other fig perfumes like the Jo Malone Fig & Cassis in the past but then Philosykos is my favorite. Developed by Diptyque's nose Olivia Giacobetti, Philosykos opens with a very fresh and green top note that's very chirpy, transparent and uplifting. An excellent alternative to citrus if you think citrus' freshness is too ubiquitous. The dry down then starts to develop into a milky green note of the fig sap that's got a warm toffee-like roundness with a slight hint of wood to it before settling down to a soothing milky base. Now this is the part that make the Philosykos a perfume you either hate or love because the milky base has a very light sweetness that smells just a wee bit like coconut. Not your strong Little India coconut, but that sweet warm milky ones that always reminds me of summer sun-tan lotion which I adore. So I absolutely love it while there are people (like Joanie!) who actually think the base note is too much for them. I, on the other hand, adore this cos I've always had a sweet tooth in my scent and I embrace a lot of perfumes that are classified under the "acquired taste" category :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails