Monday, August 01, 2011

Down the Rabbit Hole

I just had an awesome weekend with lots of laughter that ended with a lovely brunch at The White Rabbit. It was delish! White Rabbit has recently tweaked their Sunday brunch menu a bit and it's supposed to be better and slightly more affordable...that I dunno but I ordered the Truffle Mac & Cheese that is freaking yummy!!


The pasta is nicely al dente and the cheese is gonna make you not wanna have those nasty Craft Mac n Cheese from the box EVER. The white rabbit one has a truffle cheese sauce that is thick and super aromatic with bits of black truffle. It's really yummy but my only complaint is that I was expecting more truffle in the cheese sauce. I'm just being anal here cos I'm very very very hard to please when it comes to truffle since I'm a truffle connoisseur with exceptionally high standard. I swear I was a truffle pig in my previous life for sure...yeah, one who got shot for eating up all the truffles that is. Anyway, if you love your Mac & Cheese, the White Rabbit Truffle Mac & Cheese is to DIE-FOR!

Mr Bear, on the other hand, ordered a very healthy yogurt with fruits (yawn..I know!) which he swears was divine...and also a waffles to share too...


The waffles was good and it's got lots of berries, fresh cream and maple syrup...Waffles can't go wrong but I think the winning bit is that this one has very generous servings of fresh blueberry, raspberry and strawberry....But really, the Mac & Cheese is still THE bomb....super yummy....

And I'm a spoilt girl this weekend cos I had a nice "surprise"....



I got a Jo Malone French Lime Blossom perfume to add to my collection of Jo Malone stuff. I've been using the Orange Blossom perfume regularly and occasionally layering it with the Grapefruit perfume too and now I have the awesome French Lime Blossom which I think might be rivaling the Orange Blossom to be my favorite...

I seriously can't decide whether I like the Orange Blossom or French Lime Blossom more cos the former is such a romantic floral with nice citrus accent...while the latter has got a very very lovely white floral accord in its dry down....oh whatever, wear BOTH! Cos Jo Malone stuff is meant for you to layer and now these trios make pretty good layering combinations! Now that's something to take away the "Moan-day" blues....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails