Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bali Bender Part 2

First it was Ubud, then off to Seminyak I went for the second part of my Bali trip. The Elysian was the luxury abode for my three days in Seminyak. Seminyak rocks and it has a lot of my favourites:

Fave Shop: Jewel Rocks 
Fave Haunt: The Potato Head
Fave Cafe: The Junction
Fave Surf Spot: Legian Beach (just right for non-frequent surfers like me)

I absolutely cannot wait to go back.

The Elysian
There's a reason why it's on the Bali Luxe Guide. Luxe villas and facilities aside, the service is impeccable (though still isn't as good as the Komaneka in Ubud). The front desk staff greet you by your name every time they see you. The spa treatment wasn't shabby despite it isn't some famous spa spot but for a in-hotel spa, the massage was really good (especially I got one after surfing).

Nice entrance with bamboo flanking the drive way

The common pool at The Elysian. Very nice cabana

We got upgraded to a 2 bedroom villa with a spacious modern living room. They have Apple TV too in all the rooms and villas

And the bedroom. With an open bathroom concept. Huge tube right smack in the middle (reminds me of the Four Seasons at Jimbaran Bay)

Another view of the huge boudoir

Lovely private pool with outdoor tanning bed and day bed tucked at the corner

Ku De Ta
The once cool hangout for all the cool and beautiful people in Bali seems to be no longer the cool place it used to be when I first got there about 6 years ago, it's full of Euro trash with bad tan. Time to move to The Potato Head.



The Junction Cafe
Very cool cafe built of plank wood. Cozy and warm ambiance with good food that surpasses my expectation. Their Soto Ayam, Gnocchi and Mint Lemonade make really good grubs.




The Potato Head
Now this is the new place to be in Seminyak and my favourite. The Potato Head is where the cool kids hang out now. Impossibly charming are the architecture and deco. Vintage Venetian blinds of different colours are the main theme that coats the entire building for a stunning creative look.  Sun decks and beds are aplenty and they face a phenomenal plunge pool. The best part? They provide big fluffy towels if you hang out at the sun decks/beds (minimum spending of Rp 500,000 applies).


Pathway to heaven on Earth






I miss Bali. Badly!

P.S Extra photos will be up soon (being an avid amateur photo-phile that I am)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails